Sunday, June 22, 2008

Meds!!!!

this is pasted from my other board. this is a major vent with spelling erros because i'm too tired to correct them. I don't know what to do anymore. I do everything the doctors tell me to do for kellen. He started getting his asthma cough a week this past thursday. friday I took my mom his breathing machine and we started it. so he was on 3 meds and his machine. wednesday he was still coughing so I took him in. told me I was doing what I was suppose and added another med. a steroid. so up to 4 meds and his machine. Yesterday he was still coughing like the meds hadn't even touched it, so I called the on call NP, and she added another med and said that if he was still coughing that he needed to be seen. well we had his machine at 9 and from 545 he has been coughing alot and I guess it just got to me. He also had blood work done on friday for alergies. something at my moms triggers(sp?) his asthma. I'm afraid that he won't be able to go to school. he is only 32 lbs and on 6 different meds. how much can his little body take. I have already looked into homeschooling stuff in case he can't go to school. I am going to let him go, but if he misses more then he goes because he is sick it wouldn't be worth it. I'm trying I'm sorry i'm doing this again. thanks if you made it this far